Making money online can be quite hard, especially if you are looking to monetize your blog solely via ads.
To be a successful AdSense publisher you need a lot of traffic but you also need that traffic to engage with the ads that are being displayed on your site.
The AdSense CPC that you get paid will depend on the topics that you write about.
In the world of blogging, you can either write articles that will compete for clicks that will pay a few cents or be strategic and write content that will pay the big bucks.
If you are serious about making money online with AdSense and building a successful business, I suggest you target these top paying keywords and industries.
Also, I suggest you try Ezoic to automatically atomize your ads.
I broke down this post by:
- Top paying AdSense keyword industries
- Types of ads that pay the most
- Exact long-tail keywords that have insane CPCs
- 4 Bonuses to make even more money with AdSense
Top 10 highest paid AdSense keywords for 2021:
- Insurance $61 CPC
- Gas/Electricity $58 CPC
- Loans $50 CPC
- Mortgage $46 CPC
- Attorney $48 CPC
- Lawyer $42 CPC
- Donate $42 CPC
- Conference Call $42 CPC
- Degree $40 CPC
- Credit $38 CPC
Because the companies behind the ads have a high customer value and can afford to spend a few hundred bucks to acquire a customer. It all boils down to their business economics.
How to make profit from this data and make thousands of dollars each month.
Let’s run through a hypothetical example.
- You notice that insurance related blogs will carry a high CPC.
- And then research a few keywords and find that “car insurance companies” pays decently well.
- Also You get to writing the best article you can on car insurance companies
- With an amazing on-page SEO, you are able to get your blog post high on google rankings,
- You get a good amount of high quality organic traffic to your site, and then monetize into more AdSense revenue.
The AdSense ads Which pay you the most.
In addition to picking the best niche for AdSense, you also have options as to which ad type to show. The options are: 1) text & display 2) matched content 3) in-feed and 4) in-article.
The in-article ads will naturally blend with your content and display midway through your blog post. I like these types of ads because they are contextual and usually receive a good amount of clicks.
Sidebar ads are not as good since we are already trained to tune them out.
You can also try Matched Content if you have another content you’d like to promote.
Pro tip: Use Auto Ads by Google
AdSense Auto Ads take advantage of machine learning and place themselves automatically on your site where Google thinks they will perform well.
Google has been testing the Auto Ads feature as a beta since September of 2017 and recently (early March) released this feature to everyone.
Since Google has millions (if not billions) of sites to test, they will most likely be better than you or me when figuring out the right type and placement of the ads.
The only downside of this is that you won’t have much control of how many ads are shown or where they are placed, which if you are picky, might annoy you.
To set up Auto ads on your site, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- In the left navigation panel, click My ads.
- Click Auto ads.
- On the “Choose your global settings” page, use the controls to select the ad formats that you’d like to show.
- Leave Automatically get new formats selected if you want AdSense to automatically add new ad formats to your global settings as they become available.
- Click Save.
- On the “Place code on your page” page, click Copy code.
- Paste the ad code between the
</head>tags of each page where you want to show Auto ads. If you’re not sure how to do this, see Google’s Code implementation guide.
Bonus Keyword Industries/Niches:
Here are other high paying keywords that you can target in your blog posts
- Treatment $41 CPC
- Software $39 CPC
- Classes $36 CPC
- Recovery $34 CPC
- Trading $33 CPC
- Rehab $33 CPC
- Hosting $31 CPC
- Transfer $29 CPC
- Cord Blood $27 CPC
- Claim $25 CPC
Now Tips for YouTube CPC
In case you were wondering the same steps apply if you are looking to grow your earnings on YouTube. The same industries, languages and countries discussed above will also do well on YT.
To further optimize your YouTube earnings, you should also include a thorough description of your video that includes the high paying keywords you are targeting.
Here are more YouTube SEO tips.
I hope you found this list of high cost-per-click keywords useful.
I also hope you liked the strategy to find keywords that your competitors are getting money from. If you want additional tools to find keywords, head to my SEO tools list.
Building a high grossing blog is a combination of picking a solid niche, doing SEO on your articles and having fun while at it.
If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment and share this article with a friend.